ABAG’s vision is that philanthropy in Maryland will be an integral force in tackling Maryland’s most pressing problems through partnership with government, business and nonprofit decision-makers.
ABAG's mission is to maximize the impact of giving on community life through a growing network of diverse, informed and effective philanthropists.
ABAG was founded in 1983 to provide a forum in which colleagues could address common problems, approaches and interests.
As the region’s premier
resource on philanthropy dedicated to informing grantmakers and improving our
community, ABAG membership includes more than 135 private and community
foundations, corporations, donor advised funds, giving circles and public
charities, representing the vast majority of institutional giving in our area.
ABAG is …
- The Resource on Grantmaking
ABAG provides critical information and services to the philanthropic and nonprofit communities.
ABAG convenes grantmakers and others to address issues and create lasting solutions.
- The Voice for Philanthropy
ABAG represents the philanthropic sector to key audiences, including the media, legislators, and national organizations, raising public awareness and understanding about the role and impact of philanthropy on our society.
Knowledge. Connections. Leadership.
ABAG's Core Values Are:
- Generosity: We believe generosity is one of the most important values. It is essential to communal welfare and something everyone should practice in some form.
- Inclusive and Respectful: We value the perspectives and contributions of all people, and incorporate the viewpoints of diverse communities in our work.
- Diversity: We are committed to supporting a funding community that encompasses differences in the attributes of both individuals (such as race, ethnicity, age, socio-economic status, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, and religion) and organizations (foundations and giving programs of differing sizes, missions, geographic locations, and approaches to grantmaking).
- Welcoming: We create an open, compassionate and trusting environment that facilitates learning, dialogue and healthy debate to inform and strengthen philanthropy.
- Forward-Thinking: We seek strategic opportunities to meet new and existing needs in new ways.
- Forthright Stewards: We conduct our business with honesty and integrity and utilize best practices in the stewardship of our resources and accountability for our results.
Click here for a copy of ABAG's 990.
Click here for a copy of ABAG's Audit Report.